Our guests can use the following services:
- bathing, shaving (the necessary equipment is provided free of charge)
- laundry, replacement of clothes (from donations)
- food heating
- safe storage for documents, certificates, cash during your stay at the shelter
- free replacement of incomplete, worn clothing
- mental health assistance
- TV and movies, recreation, leisure programs
- distribution of tea and baked goods
- table football, table tennis, chess, cards, movie club (Monday-Thursday), handicraft classes on Fridays
Furthermore, there are regular sporting events, of which table football and table tennis are the most popular.
The details of the admitted homeless people will be entered in the Daily Public Room’s list. The social worker and social assistant keep the documentation on the use of the services of the Daily Public Room.
Social workers provide regular information and counseling in solving problems adapted to the life situation of homeless people.
What we can help with:
- job search, CV writing, contacting employers
- retraining and further training opportunities
- official documents (papers)
- social security benefits
- additional housing opportunities
- liaising with other social care institutions
Other special services of the Daily Public Room can be used free of charge:
Monday: 13:00 -16: 00h
Tuesday: 9:00 -13: 00h
Wednesday: 9:00 -13: 00h
Thursday: 9:00 -13: 00h
Friday: 09:00 to 13:00
Tuesday: 13: 30-17: 00h
Thursday: 13: 30-17: 00h
Monday: 09:00 to 12:00
Thursday: 9: 00h
Sunday: 16: 00h
Maintainer: Oltalom Charity Society
Name of Institution: Daily Public Room (Nappali Melegedő)
Leader of Institution: András Rákos
Address: 1086 Budapest, Dankó u. 9.
Phone: (06-1) 210-5400 / extention 103, 201.
Capacity: 100 daily maximum 300 people.
The Daily Public Room, maintained by the Oltalom Charity Society, is open to those in need every day of the year.
Number of people provided: 100 people at a time and a maximum of 300 people per day.
During the winter crisis period (October 1 to April 30), 130 people at a time and 390 people a day
In the almost continuously operating Daily Public Room, we have developed the simplest admission procedure, taking into account the care of those in crisis who need immediate help:
- check-in at the person on duty
- acceptance of the House Rules
- a valid disinfection certificate issued by National Public Health and Medical Officer Service
- x-ray screening not older than 6 months
The services of the Daily Public Room are completely free of charge.
Throughout the year from 8 am to 11 am and from 2 pm to 4 pm.
Throughout the year, from 12 to 13 hours, a bowl of hot food is distributed to about 150 guests.